A chance to show Christ’s love to parts of the community that would otherwise not see it.
What It Is
- A week long basketball camp for kids ages 10-18 from Sept. 8th-12th.
- A chance to reach out to our community using basketball as the medium
- A chance to show Christ’s love to parts of the community that would otherwise not see it
- A chance to help kids build self esteem , social skills , team building skills, sportsmanship, leadership skills, self-discipline, self worth, and learning how to enjoy a healthy lifestyle
- A chance to show the community that we’re not just a bunch of boring Christians
September 8-12th, 5PM-7PM
A 3 on 3 Basketball tournament open to all ages on September 13th (Sign-ups for tournament will be open promptly from 8 AM to 9 AM on September 13th)
Newly registered attendees must arrive 30 minutes early.
R.S. Payne Elementary (outdoor courts)
1201 Floyd Street, Lynchburg
What is needed
- Volunteers familiar with basketball are needed for instructing and properly executing drills (drills will follow pre-made template)
- Volunteers who are willing to work alongside the children (basketball knowledge is not necessary)
- Volunteers capable of attending all of camp who are willing to handle registration/administration
- Volunteers who enjoy spending time with children and spreading the love of Christ, the word of God, and spreading the word throughout the community
- Flyers along with a group of people willing to distribute said flyers
- Trash cans
- One Community T-Shirts for volunteers
- Registration forms
Daily Camp Schedule
- 4PM Initial Volunteer Meeting at One Community to load required equipment and materials.
- 4:30PM Arrive at Robert S. Payne Elementary to set up & beginning of registration
- 5PM Group prayer
- 5:10PM Drills
- 6PM Devotion
- 6:15PM Kids play a scrimmage
- 6:55PM Closing Prayer
- 7PM Clean up and head back to One Community to drop materials off
Saturday Tournament Schedule
- 7:30AM Volunteers meet at One Community to load materials/equipment
- 8AM Registration for tournament begins and ends strictly 9AM Registration is closed no ifs, ands, or buts
- 9-9:45AM tournament bracket and organization set up as well as warm-ups
- 9:45-10AM rules/overview
- 10AM games start
- 12PM Lunch break
- 1-1:30PM Message/Invitation
- 1:30PM Games Resume
- Champion Announcement, TBD
All volunteers must arrive 30 minutes early for prayer as well as set-up before any associated events.
To Set Up Your Serve Opportunity:
Fill out the form below and Tyler will be in contact with you with details.
Any questions or concerns? Contact Tyler Cash at 434-409-6241 or firstname.lastname@example.org